Hello once again,so on our visit to Xaverian Primary School we had a special appearance by an expert on lifeskills and he shared the skills with the students. I’ll be sharing too a little of lifeskills and what they are hope you understand and enjoy it
Life skills are the skills we need to deal effectively with the challenges in everyday life, whether at school, at work or in our personal lives.
The importance of life skills
In a constantly changing environment, having life skills is an essential part of being able to meet the challenges of everyday life. The dramatic changes in global economies over the past five years have been matched with the transformation in technology and these are all impacting on education, the workplace and our home life. To cope with the increasing pace and change of modern life, students need new life skills such as the ability to deal with stress and frustration. Today’s students will have many new jobs over the course of their lives, with associated pressures and the need for flexibility.
Benefits for the individual
- In everyday life, the development of life skills helps students to:
- Find new ways of thinking and problem solving
- Recognise the impact of their actions and teaches them to take responsibility for what they do rather than blame others
- Build confidence both in spoken skills and for group collaboration and cooperation
- Analyse options, make decisions and understand why they make certain choices outside the classroom
- Develop a greater sense of self-awareness and appreciation for other
Benefits for society
The more we develop life skills individually, the more these affect and benefit the world in which we live
Recognising cultural awareness and citizenship makes international cooperation easier
Respecting diversity allows creativity and imagination to flourish developing a more tolerant society
Developing negotiation skills, the ability to network and empathise can help to build resolutions rather than resentments
Here are a few more pictures from the event
Lets change lives
Let’s save lives
REMEMBER-if you want to support Stowelink Inc and our various projects, if you want collaborations with us or if you want to reach us you can reach us directly through the following contact addresses.
EMAIL ADRESS email@example.com