Stowelink was privileged to be one of the key implementors of the may measurement month where we collaborated with The Kenya Cardiac Society, the Ministry Of Health amongst other partners to run a successful hypertension screen campaign.
In order to have many people screened during the MMM (June 19th – July 13th), Stowelink employed a unique approach which involved screening people in public spaces and along busy junction around Githurai 44 Youth Empowerment Center. Similarly, the screening activities were slated for weekends (Sundays) since most people are at home and not at their place of work —which would deny them the opportunity to participate in the MMM 2022.
To augment this unique approach, Stowelink leveraged its volunteers to help in mobilization. The volunteers played a key role in this activity as they helped in creating the much-needed awareness on hypertension and help people gain absolute understanding of the essence of May Measurement Month Global Campaign.
Stowelink Key Message During MMM
In step with the need to create value and ensure that people derive benefits from the exercise, Stowelink was critical with the message it disseminated to the public bearing in mind that it has to be correct, factual, and scientific. The key messages revolved around prevention, management, treatment, and control of High Blood Pleasure including but not limited to:
- The need to regulate salt intake as much salt can lead imbalance of electrolytes in the body hence elevated blood pressure.
- Physical exercise which helps in reducing the risk factors to high blood pressure such as overweight and obesity.
- Avoidance of alcohol and tobacco which leading risk factors to cardiovascular disease including hypertension.
- Limiting the intake of foods high in saturated fats.
- Eliminating/reducing trans fats in diet.
- Eating more fruit and vegetables.
Overal we were able to screen 1158 people in 5 weeks.
|Week||Date||No of People screened|
|Week 1||19TH June 2022||275|
|Week 2||26th June 2022||267|
|Week 3||03 July 2022||257|
|Week 4||10th July 2022||359|
Let’s change lives
Let’s save lives
REMEMBER-if you want to support Stowelink Inc and our various projects, if you want collaborations with us or if you want to reach us you can reach us directly through the following contact addresses.