Save A Life, Save A World is a project aimed at creating sensitization and awareness on gender based violence issues and on gender based and sexually transmitted diseases. The project aims at providing the right information with the aim of making the youths and the society as a whole to be able to make the right decisions as far as gender and sexual based issues are concerned. The project began in February 2017 and has been running ever since. The project has been sponsored The Aids Control Unit in the past year and has continued to reach more youths with the information required.
On 15/3/2018 we carried out a health talk at Olympic high school on sexual and gender based violence issues informing and empowering the students with the necessary information to help them act and make the right decisions.
We emphasised on rape and violence in schools and the community and below are a few recommendations we gave on dos and donts during encase rape occurs
1.Report to the nearest hospital immediately for:
HIV Prevention (PEP)
.Pregnancy prevention .
Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Collection of evidence . Counseling
2. Report to the police and record a statement.
stowelink ceo with student leader at olympic
• DO NOT take a bath or comb your hair
• DO NOT change, wash or throw away your clothes, INSTEAD wrap IN khaki bag, clean leso or cotton and take them to the hospital.
• DO NOT remove anything where the rape occurred.
• DO NOT dispose off a condom if one was used.
• DO NOT pass urine or stool or wipe genital area. if you must pass collect some in a clean container and take it to the hospital.
NB//Incase you’ve been raped/defiled report to THE NEAREST hospital
Within 72hrs to prevent HIV.
Within 120hrs to prevent pregnancy
• IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT YOU WERE RAPED
• DO NOT FEEL GUILTY.
• DO NOT BE ASHAMED.
• DO NOT BLAME YOUR SELF.
• TAKE ACTION AND REPORT TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL!
Call 0714 138 868 for professional counseling and support