Non-communicable Diseases Alliance Kenya (NCDAK) is the national umbrella body of all organizations, patients’ groups, NGOs, CBOs, and professional associations involved in advocacy, prevention, control, care, and rehabilitation of persons living with or at risk of developing NCDs. Through the membership, the create a national community of organizations, dedicated to responding to the global call of action for the prevention and control of NCDs.
Stowelink prides itself to belong to this progressive alliance and to participate in its growth towards a formidable umbrella body with a mandate of addressing the growing burden of non-communicable diseases in Kenya. As a support member, Stowelink, alongside other member organizations, helps shape the NCDAK’s leadership and NCDs advocacy direction.
Pursuant to the NCDAK’s constitution under article XVII, the alliance organizes Annual General Meeting that brings together the member organizations. This year (2021), NCDAK adopted a hybrid format for the meeting with some members able to participate virtually and others in person.
Stowelink’s Chief Program Officer, Mr. Oduor Kevin represented Stowelink at NCDAK’s Annual General held at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Hurlingham, Nairobi (Friday, 9th July 2021). Among the agenda of this meeting included:
- To table Proxies, Read the Notice Convening the Meeting, and determine if a Quorum is present.
- To confirm and adopt the Minutes of the previous AGM held on 30th September 2020.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2020 with the Chair’s Report and Treasurer’s Report.
- Appointment of the Auditors
- Elections of Board Directors.
- To transact any other business in respect of which due notice had been received.
Proxies were tabled and quorum determined; the minutes of previous AGM were adopted; the audited financial statement confirmed and adopted, and the Chair and treasure’s report read and discussed during the AGM. The AGM unanimously agreed to retain the current auditors lauding them for the good work they have done.
Concerning election of the Board of Directors, the following were elected as the new officials of NCDAK board:
- Dr. Zipporah Ali (from Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association) as the Chair elect, Board of NCD Alliance of Kenya.
- David Makumi (Kenya Network of Cancer Organizations) as Vice Chair.
- Dr. Lilian Mbau (Kenya Cardiac Society) as Secretary to the Board.
- Patrick Ngechu (Kenya Association for the Welfare of People with Epilepsy) as Treasurer.
- Beatrice Gachambi (Médecins Sans Frontières), Peter Mokaya (Organic Consumer Alliance), Grace Ochodo (Stroke and Hypertension Association-SAHA) and Erick Angula (MedTronics Lab) as Board Members.
Stowelink congratulates Dr. Zipporah Ali on her election as Chair of NCDAK and promise to work closely with her together with other officials and board members elect. Besides, as Stowelink, we laud the outgoing chair, Dr. Eva Njenga for her leadership and support to us. We look forward to working with her even as she joins the Global NCD Alliance as board member.
Lets change lives
Let’s save lives
REMEMBER-if you want to support Stowelink Inc and our various projects, if you want collaborations with us or if you want to reach us you can reach us directly through the following contact addresses.